The Master of Business Administration is one of the most popular degree and offers immense scope. I am providing you the list of few careers which you can opt for :
- Financial analysts : They work in banks, pension funds, insurance companies etc. They advice and provide to others making investment decisions. They assess the performance of stocks, bonds, and other types of investments. They can work with individuals as well as big companies. The average salary range from Rs 182,461 – Rs 739,744 per year.
- Human Resources (HR) Manager: The job profile of a HR manager involves recruitment and training of the employees. They also work for the career development, compensation and benefits etc. It is their responsibility to main harmonious relations, compliance, and solve disciplinary and grievance issues, redundancies etc. It is their responsibility to keep up to date with areas such as employment law, which change often. The average salary range from Rs 168,000 – Rs 1,179,661.
- Marketing Executive : Marketing executives are involved in developing marketing campaigns to promote a product, service or idea. It is a varied role that includes ,planning, advertising, public relations, event organisation, product development, distribution, sponsorship, research etc. The average salary range fromRs 120,000 – Rs 500,000
- Executive Assistant : Executive Assistant earns an average salary of Rs 314,167 per year. The salary would increase with ceratian skills and most are Travel Administration, Travel Planning, Business Analysis, Project Management, and Office Management.
- Banking & Finance: This includes security & investment analysis and portfolio management. You can get the opportunity to work with banks, security firms, insurance companies, financial organizations etc. Some of the companies which recruit are Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Nomura, RBS, Barclays etc.
- ERP Consultant (MBA in IT) : They are responsible for understanding the business processes of the customers and implement packaged ERP software (like SAP) after making the necessary customization.
- Information System Management: This is a more technology-focused field and requires someone with an MBA in Information Systems. They identify fresh and up-to-date technologies to serve an organization better. They provide a thorough cost analysis for use of the right technology while working with financial and managerial departments.
- Data analytics: The “big data” is becoming important for all kinds of businesses. As a result many business schools have now started offering data analytics as an important part of their MBA programs. Companies like Fractal Analytics, Latent View Analytics hire MBA graduates as data scientists or data analysts.
- Hospital Management : MBA (Healthcare Management degree program is designed to provide budding healthcare professionals with specialized business training in healthcare management, health services, clinical information systems management, global healthcare management, and health services administration.
Top of few colleges for MBA are :
- · IIM-Ahmedabad
- · IIM-Bangalore
- · ISB, Hyderabad (G-MAT Score is required)
- · IIM-Calcutta
- · XLRI, Jamshedpur
- · IIM-Lucknow
- · Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi University
- · IIM-Indore
- · IIM-Kozhikode
- · SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- · IIFT, New Delhi
- · MDI, Gurgaon
- · IIT, Mumbai
- · IIT, Delhi
- · IMT, Ghaziabad
- · GLIM, Chennai
- · Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bangalore
Hope this was helpful. All the best.